Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Epilog: Trauma

  • Civilization are tested with crisis just as individuals are tried with adversity. It is these critical moments that brings out the character of a civilization, just as individual tests bring out the character of an individual. 
  • Great civilizations measure up to their challenges and grow more resilient with each crisis, turning each adversity faced into an opportunity, much of it also applies to individuals.
  • Critical moments in history of our lives, will test our mettle as strong human beings.



Trau·ma

  [trou-muhtraw-]
noun, plural trau·mas, trau·ma·ta  [trou-muh-tuh]
1.
Pathology .
a.
a body wound or shock produced by sudden physical injury, as from violence or accident.
b.
the condition produced by this; traumatism.
2.
Psychiatry.
a.
an experience that produces psychological injury or pain.
b.
the psychological injury so caused.
Origin: 
1685–95;  < Greek traĆ»ma  wound


  • Last week's incident really took the stuffing out of my pants. Literally was shaking afterwards. Somehow it kept on playing on the back of my mind, what I should've done, how I should've reacted yada yada. 
  • Now, everytime I see a bloody police truck I make a humongous distance, leaps and bounds. Hope no one will ever have to go through what I went through. 


p/s: I actually completed a post, albeit dry and arbitrary, haha, this place is so rusty. 

No comments: