Friday, May 16, 2014

Epilog: Spinning Around


  • My father taught me a lot of things. But I don't seem to catch the essence of his many lessons, at least not way back then. I only realize those things, those little details as I was growing up, maturing as some might put it.
  • Back then my father would always remind me that to get something, you'd have to do everything in your might in order to get it. Coming from a middle income family, I don't always get them cool stuff, and as many kids would normally react, I'd pester my parents, but it'll usually end up in me getting something similar of a lesser quality, or nothing at all.
  • Today, I'm 26 years old, and I still hear echoes of my father's old school advices whilst I was a kid, it doesn't come sprinting to my ears, but rather tones itself melodically every now and then.
  • Dah dekat 2 bulan kipas bilik aku rosak. Kipas siling. Dan musim panas pun mula menjenguk malu-malu, kadang terlebih panas, kadang suam kuku. Dan mungkin bagi sesetengah orang, beli kipas baru tu macam beli keropok. Murah dan bersahaja. Not me though, nak cari 140 genih untuk beli kipas baru, banyak benda kena adjust dalam bajet bulanan yang serba serbi sedikit.
  • So I reminded myself, everything my father taught me, kalau aku nak kipas siling baru, I've got to make it happen, by myself. Dan dari situ aku pun cari bajet skit dan meniaga air mata kucing dan barli beberapa minggu lepas, dan Alhamdulillah hasil keuntungan sikit-sikit yang dapat tu, boleh la digunapakai untuk beli kipas baru! 
  • Obviously, tiada nilai langsung, atau tiada sama apa yang aku buat with whatever my father did all these years, or even whatever orang-orang yang susah selama ini struggle to get out of their cage of hardship, but the little experiences will teach you, bit by bit. Babysteps, yes? :)


Kipas baru!

p/s: a bit slow to update but hey, at least there's an update! 

2 comments:

Hafeez Darraji said...

yuppp. thats what independent means bro!

Ahmad Naeem said...

laa baru perasan penulis hebat comment! hah thanks bro :)